Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Yessss...I made it :)

I've learnt to drive.. yippeee..!!! I guess this is my only accomplishment over the last 3 months...Quite a bad record !!! I agree :D !!!

It took me about 7 days, starting with the A, B n C, the accelerator, break and clutch, I learnt the nitty grittys of driving a car!!! The first day I took the car out to office, nearly 16 km off home, I felt independent. It was a unique sense of joy !!! I guess everyone goes through it sometime in life :) !!!

Now I am mastering the art of maneuvering the car on Indian roads !!! Its quite an art any day !!! Observations ::
- Its close to impossible to stick to a lane as you drive. In case you manage it right, then the next good thing that would happen is a huge Volvo takes a sharp turn on a narrow road, giving almost no precursor of its arrival!!!
- People on the road do not believe in slowing down on a rainy day. Enjoy the brilliant weather, remember that the road might skid, and drive at 50-60 !! Chill Junta ... Not everybody always has to be in a hurry !!!
- I really wish I were 3 inches taller. That would have made reaching the A,B Cs a little easier, and ofcourse...As some of my friends call it..."It wouldn't look like a car without a driver" !!!
- Managing slopes was a challenge...For the Hyderabadi's ( I am talking about the Banjara Hills stretch & the Hi tech city roads) . There's a police check exactly on a 45 degree slope. The day I master that slope, with perfection, I guess I can handle any slope !!! :)
- Company makes a big difference !!! Some people almost make me forget the fact that its my second day with the car, its 8:30 in the night, its a 16 km stretch and the traffic is at its peak !!! Thanks ppl !!! :)
- Best driver I've met till date - bro....."Oru naal naanum Anna madiri ...."..Someday I'll drive as well as bhaiyya does, I guess then I'd really feel the joy :) !!!

No comments: