Thursday, October 12, 2006

Voids...

People walk into our life, and walk out... As they walk out, they leave those deep voids, I can call them blackholes. They suck in all that comes their way, everything around. It takes quite a lot to fill those black holes:

- fill them up so much that, someday they vanish n there are no scars (replace memories)
- eliminate the core - the reason for the gravitational pull, and you can slowly or maybe instantly do away with the black hole (find a reason to dislike the person)
- create a force stronger that the black hole, which can pull in your all (find a distraction of a different kind all together- work, dance, music ...)

Which ever solution you chose, one FACT remains - Memories cannot be forgotten, they can only be overwritten (Thanks! For that one mi ...Just in case you read this blog!)

I've started getting used to people in my life... Especially those emotional companions, with whom I can be myself, with whom I share every moment, every emotion, every up and down, whose name strikes me first when I am happy or sad. Whom I sometimes forget, just because I am in neither extremes, but whose presence is always there at the back of my mind.
I want this person (roles change with time) to always be there for me, I want him/her to be always fine. A small problem in their life, can break lose all the knots of my life, I'm too perturbed to set myself to anything sensible or sane....

This role can be and has been taken by many people, mom, friends - friends, whom I have known for two months, friends whom I have known for 2 years...Friends whom I have know for 8-9 years...

Its more about getting used to having someone (for sure not your alterego) , around...Its not about being weak, it not about being dependent, its about needing a companion, sometimes a single person, sometimes a group of like minded people with whom you can share thoughts, discuss and be on the same page...No matter how abstract or crazy the discussion might be.

How long that person is able to retain that role, depends on loads of things. As time moves on, you expect people to understand you, many things go unsaid, many emotions need to be understood. Slowly you outgrow that relation with your mom/dad, you transition to sis/bro, then you find that companion in close pals n friends, some find such companions in the opposite sex, people just move in and out of life...And the chord strikes with a few chosen.... Statements like - " if you don't understand, nobody will"..Would come in...

Smiles and scorns, with implicit meanings would come in, more and more days would be spent wondering if you really like this one and only entity, who would know more of u than maybe yourself... ?

Slowly, you might outgrow this person, slowly you might find another person, slowly you might fall in love with this person...Sometimes, the companionship just fades away, after a few days, you wonder, what ever kept you together ?..Or sometimes, if you are fortunate enough, you can find the best friend for a lifetime...

Whatever it be, this person someday leaves, maybe in a few months, in a few years, after a life time of togetherness... But when they leave, they leave a void- which is nothing short of a black hole..A deep abyss that is nearly impossible to fill ...

1 comment:

Vinod Ramamoorthy said...

Cant agree with you more. It does feel odd when all you haave is the memories of that person!!

Nice blog. Looks like it is straight out of your heart..